On 85 beautiful acres of Texas Hill Country, Driftwood Recovery offers a safe and serene environment where people are empowered to address issues of drug and alcohol dependency, chronic pain, and co-occurring disorders.
We offer a full continuum of care, including customized, evidence-based treatments that incorporate proven therapies and health-promoting activities.
At Driftwood Recovery, we realize that recovery is a lifelong process. Our extended care program at the historic Riverside home in Central Austin can help those struggling with substance abuse, chronic pain, and co-occurring disorders continue their path to sustainable recovery. We offer an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) for those who would benefit.
Riverside was created to help people thrive in the community after completing the Driftwood Residential Treatment Program.
While individuals live at Riverside, our goal is to help them to develop purpose-filled lives in recovery. Our highly experienced, multidisciplinary team is resourceful in meeting the diverse needs of our residents.
We take time to develop an understanding relationship with our residents, providing the care and support they need. We focus on improving functioning in key areas of life, such as maintaining sobriety, strengthening relationships with family and friends, and discovering meaningful roles in the community.
Our program teaches individuals the skills necessary to thrive in recovery and beyond. Residents become part of the Austin recovery community, with the opportunity to work with a sponsor, attend self-help meetings, and find the joy in recovery through sober community activities.
We help individuals delve deeply into their values, personality, interests, and aptitudes and work together to create an individualized plan to reach their goals for obtaining work, returning to school, or volunteering in the community. This process involves counseling, assessing goals and plans, and providing the support needed to follow through on those goals. We believe that finding your purpose and connecting with people are the keys to a courageous recovery.
During residency at Riverside, individuals gain insights into healthy living and turn the rigors of treatment into real life actions. The ultimate goal of the extended care program is a life transformed – from addiction to sobriety, from anxiety to peace, from isolation to connection.
Treatments and therapies:
Each new client is give a thorough evaluation, including medical review and medication assessment. The Driftwood clinical team then designs a customized treatment plan for each client, which will include selections from the list below
Behavioral, emotional, and psychiatric therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Psychiatric evaluation and care
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive rehabilitation that improves memory, attention, and problem-solving skills
- Psychiatric and medical interventions to address medication or medical issues
- Educational and process groups that provide important psycho-educational information on the addiction process and a safe place to address emotional and interpersonal issues
- Group psychotherapy
- Motivational enhancement therapy
- Neurofeedback therapy
Health and Wellness
- Physical fitness program, including personal training with a certified trainer
- Biking and hiking
- Adventure therapy with high ropes course
- Nutrition and diet evaluations and interventions
- Meditation therapy
- Experiential therapies such as art, music, and writing therapies
- Other ancillary supportive therapies such as acupuncture and massage therapies
- Weekly outings to enjoy the outdoor opportunities that Austin provides
Coping and community living skills
- Individualized relapse prevention counseling, focusing on the development of a relapse prevention plan and other individualized case management issues
- Family program of psycho-educational and family therapy in the later stage of treatment
- Ongoing recovery coaching
- Community-based support groups such as the 12-step program
- Alumni program
- Volunteer service activities
Vice President, Admissions and Business Development
Admissions phone: 512-842-6767
Admissions fax: 512-357-8122
Director of Clinical Outreach
Brad Kennedy, MRC, CRC
Vice President, Clinical Services
1905 Elder Hill Rd
Driftwood, TX 78619
Connect with our community using: