Our two community integration programs provide person-centered mental health care to empower clients to live a life worth living in their communities of choice.
- Our philosophy is to do whatever it takes to help our clients take strides forward and live well.
- Our teams of mental health professionals provide a range of services—including 2 community integration programs—to meet the needs of clients.
- For adults who are stuck or in crisis, teams of experts are accessible to make a definitive diagnosis.
- For 29 consecutive years, psychiatrists have named Menninger one of the nation’s Best Hospitals for mental health care.
- Clients get and stay better over time.
Pathfinder is a community-based day program and mentored apartment living with other clients who are pursuing their own paths of greater stability through clarity of goals, values and personal identity.
The Pathfinder treatment team provides individual and group therapy, coaching and structure to help our clients discover a better life for themselves and be able to achieve it. Clients are offered 15-20 hours of evidence-based group therapy to hone coping skills and social skills. Pathfinder’s milieu therapy approach provides interactions in the client’s community, providing vital encounters and feedback that prepare the client for independent living and healthy relationships. The multi-layered support team guides clients’ capacity and confidence for making strong, healthy decisions as they go through real-life experiences on their own.
“After being an inpatient, I transitioned to Pathfinder. While there, I was able to process what it was like to live life on life’s terms. I put my new coping skills into action … I worked with the most influential people I’ve ever known to cultivate my path forward and to make authentic connections to others.”
– Simone, a former Pathfinder client
Menninger 360 provides clients with 360-degree wraparound support, treatment and rehabilitation in their home and communities. The team is mobile, helping clients work toward independence, develop and practice skills to manage their mental health concerns and achieve their goals—outside of a hospital or other outpatient settings.
The program takes an individualized, proactive and pro-social approach to support and help clients manage their illness and live a full life. The Menninger 360 team identifies barriers to each client’s natural therapeutic supports of friends, co-workers/co-volunteers, peers, family, spirituality, and health and wellness activities. Together with the client, a plan is implemented to enact change with as much or as little therapeutic support as needed from Menninger 360 team members. The program offers three levels of support.
“We are gratified to see our son return home healthy to his wife and daughter after working four months with the Menninger 360 team. Now he’s back at his job and we all feel positive about the future.”
– Mother of a former Menninger 360 client, who came to our program after almost six months in and out of acute psychiatric units elsewhere
- Evidence-based treatments, including cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), mentalization-based therapy (MBT) and mindfulness interventions
- Individual and group therapy
- Family therapy
- Substance abuse recovery and harm reduction guided by master’s-level counselors and certified peer recovery specialists
- Medication management
- Vocational and occupational therapy
- Access to specialists and more intensive treatment if ever needed for continuity of care
We encourage you to call one of our Care Coordinators at 713-275-5400 to start one of these programs soon.